Holi is a beautiful festival. All about spreading colours! colours of love, and colours depicting every person equal, no society difference, no caste based difference, no religion based difference. And the thing I love the most about this festival is that you can make as much mess as you want to make and mom won’t scold you for that 😍
Coming to the topic. Though I prefer herbal colours! But there are a lot of harmful colours out in the market, and they can cause serious damage to your hair and skin, causing skin rashes, irritation, hair fall etc.
Note: Please go for dry Holi… don’t waste water for your short term enjoyment.
Here are few tips that will help you to protect your hair and skin while you enjoy Holi :
1. Wear cotton clothes, preferably full sleeves.
2. Massage your hair well with oil.
3. Apply body lotion to your complete body.
4. Apply petroleum jelly ( Vaseline) at your earlobes and behind ears. You can also apply it on your complete body.
5. Wear Heavy Foundation. It will protect your face from direct colours.
6. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen.
7. Paint your nails. It will protect your nails from colours.
Note: Avoid Waxing, Bleach, threading, other beauty parlour stuff before Holi. Rather do them after Holi.
Here is what I’m going to wear this Holi ❤
White full sleeves cotton kurta, along with White jegging.
(I’m bad at carrying dupattas. I don’t know why I don’t feel comfortable in dupatta, but you can carry blue or pink one with white kurta and jegging if you want to💕)
Footwears Are my casual daily wears🤗
Heavy foundation( as I mentioned above)
And dramatic eyes ( with bold eyeliner and kajal)
Along with my all time favourite red lipstick (this time a lighter shade).
You can keep your hair open if you’ve applied good amount of oil to your scalp.
You can make bun.
Go for braids ❤️
And you are all set to rock this Holi 😚
Tip: Apply Aloe Vera gel to your face and body after taking bath after Holi. It will repair the damage. 💕
Stay gorgeous 💋
Wish you all a very Happy Holi 🍻